Bailiffs forced you to pay someone else's court fine

If you have been forced by bailiffs to pay somebody else's court fine, even if it your spouse or partners, then the only redress available is through the Parliamentary Ombudsman.

Nothing in legislation enables bailiff to force anyone to pay a fine they have not been adjudged by the court to pay.

1. Find out the name of your MP and note his email address.

2. Find out the name of the sentencing magistrates court. Phone the bailiff on his mobile, and using an app, record the call without him knowing. If you cannot get the bailiff to identify the sentencing court, then the complaint is addressed to - Complaints and Litigation Team, Ministry of Justice, 102 Petty France London SW1H 9AJ. and add the following paragraph to the template letter below:

I asked Mr. [NAME OF BAILIFF] which magistrates' court he was acting for, but he refused to give me that information.

3. Using this template, give the sentencing court an opportunity to return your money, or if they fail to do so, give it to your MP and ask him to have the Parliamentary Ombudsman intervene.

You can also write to the the Ministry of Justice at: Complaints Team, 4th floor, 102 Petty France London SW1H 9AJ and ask for you rmoney back.